- Approved Value-Engineering Proposal for a Design-Build Bridge
- 9,300 Tonnes of Fill to raise road 2m bringing it out of the flood plain zone
- 7,100+ SF of MSE Wall Construction
- 3,100 Tonnes of Stone Column Construction
- Close-Ended Steel Piles (x10) in poor ground conditions
- Pre-Stressed Pre-cast Concrete Girders (x13)
- 300mᶾ of Cast-In-Place Concrete: Pile Caps, Cantilever Sidewalks, Parapets & Approach Slabs
- Storm: 170m of 600mm diam., over 100m of 300mm diam.
- Water: 190m of 300mm diam.
After successfully tendering this public project, Mainland proposed a value-engineered design-build project as a superior end-product with cost savings incentives; this was accepted by the City of Surrey and was completed under the proposed budget. Despite unknown utilities delaying the anticipated start of the project for 28 days, piles went into the ground the very next day after the conflicts were removed. With steady design changes throughout the project, Mainland still completed the project under budget and on the mutually agreed on revised completion date.
City of Surrey
Design Engineer / Consultant:
Apr 2013 – Nov 2013