Primarily responsible for keeping the jobsites organised, clean, & tidy, while ensuring that the crews have everything they need to get the job done. This is a role in which the right attitude and ability to learn could lead into future opportunities with the company.
We are looking for Labourers for our Civil, Excavation, and Shoring divisions. In order to offer a variety of work and allow our employees to learn our business, you may be given the opportunity to work in multiple divisions.
We are looking for someone to go beyond a list of tasks to complete jobs in the safest, most cost effective, and timely manner while ensuring that client satisfaction is not compromised. Some highlights of the role are listed below:
- Live and breathe safety. Ensure that safety is the number one priority when working around the equipment.
- Loading and unloading construction materials.
- Ensuring site is well organised.
- Making sure that tools and equipment are well maintained and stored.
- Civil – Assisting Pipelayers with the installation of pipe.
- Civil/Excavation – Leveling earth to fine grade specifications using a rake and shovel.
- Excavation – Assisting Equipment Operators with ensuring sites are ready for excavation/earthworks.
- Shoring – Assisting with the installation of soil anchors and shotcrete shoring.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities to excel in this role:
- An ambassador for safety.
- Previous experience as a General Labourer is recommended but not required.
- Ability to see what needs to be done and get it done.
- Active listening skills; with an ability to effectively communicate with co-workers on site.
Join our Team!
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting Skilled Labourer in the subject line. We thank you for your interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.