Based out of our Surrey office, with projects from downtown Vancouver to as far out as Abbotsford, this is a role that requires travel between our jobsites and a commitment to in-person interactions with the crews and suppliers. The successful candidate’s main responsibility is to manage a multi million-dollar fleet of heavy equipment.
This is an ideal role for a Heavy Equipment Manager or Mechanic with experience managing heavy equipment. If you are looking for a unique opportunity with a growing and innovative construction company, this is it!
Equipment Management duties are listed below:
- Source all services, materials, maintenance providers, and heavy equipment.
- Oversee and supervise Heavy Equipment Mechanic staff.
- Negotiate contracts, purchase agreements, and maintenance service.
- Manage and implement all heavy equipment functions for the assigned project(s), including maintenance and repair scheduling, equipment delivery, etc.
- Arrange for repairs and transportation of equipment to and from the jobsite(s) as necessary.
- Analyze equipment needs; determine and recommend equipment repair expenditures.
- Assist in the development of yard and equipment inventory procedures and reports.
- Monitor company policies for equipment use.
Financial & Reporting
Financial & Reporting duties are listed below:
- Establish short/long-term agreements when necessary, to lock in pricing and services for an agreed duration.
- Set up new accounts and review credit terms.
- Ensure that equipment costs are billed to project(s) correctly.
- Monitor project budget as it relates to equipment.
- Oversee supplier warranty claims – submission and payment.
- Oversee daily equipment time entry and associated billing.
- Prepare billing for all materials sold or transferred from the yard.
- Assist in the maintenance and preparation of monthly yard accounts.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities to excel in this role:
- High school diploma/GED & courses in heavy equipment & business/employee management are desirable.
- Five years’ experience managing heavy equipment.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License.
- Strong equipment management skills: coordinating repairs, scheduling, project management, analyzing needs, & monitoring policies.
- Financial management skills: budgeting, billing, tracking expenditures, & reporting.
- Staff management: setting expectations, directing, & managing performance.
- Working style: strong coordinator, detail-oriented, collaborative, & respectful.
Join our Team!
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Heavy Equipment Manager in the subject line. We thank you for your interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.