Based out of our Surrey office, with projects from downtown Vancouver to as far out as Abbotsford, this is a role that requires daily travel and a commitment to in-person interactions with the crews and clients. The successful candidate’s main responsibility is to manage several multi million-dollar excavation projects at one time.
This is an ideal role for an established Superintendent or rock star Foreman who knows how to manage people, projects, and clients and just needs a shot. If you are looking for a unique opportunity with a growing and innovative construction company, this is it!
We are looking for someone to go beyond a list of tasks, take control, and lead their team to complete jobs in the safest, most cost effective and timely manner while ensuring that client satisfaction is not compromised. Some highlights of the role are listed below:
- Live and breathe safety – develop and encourage a safety-first culture within your team.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, work to recruit, train, develop, and manage your team.
- Assist the Foremen with any questions and/or issues, bringing a solution-focused approach.
- Work with the Estimating team: assisting with tenders and communicating production expectations.
- Scheduling and management of all jobs, crews, and sub-contractors.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities to excel in this role:
- An ambassador for safety.
- Previous experience in excavation is very important.
- Ability to lead multiple teams, anticipate issues before they arise, and be prepared with solutions.
- Active listening skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately; able to meet deadlines.
- Organized, thorough, and detailed.
Join our Team!
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Excavation Superintendent in the subject line. We thank you for your interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.